Residence Application Process
Note: Applications are being taken now for a short time only.
See Apply Early
Co-Op Village Resident Rules
1. Resident must not be a threat (physical, verbal or emotional) to others.
2. No illegal activities undertaken while a resident.
3. Residents must be able to switch from “what is in my best interest” to a mode of “what is in the best interest of all concerned”.
A six month probation period would be imposed to insure that this is possible, and village life is indeed what the resident chooses
Residence Screening and Admission Process
Note: We will not be taking applications until all funding is in place.
1. Attend series of educational seminars on Coop Village to include mission, financing, personality, Village resources, governing process etc.
2. Spend time in guest housing, if possible, to experience/participate in village life.
3. Complete Family Information Form (see sample).
4. Complete financial screening process.
6. All intake forms would be taken by the Recruitment and Human Resource departments, then completed further by them. Village needs and residents work potential and desires would then be matched.
7. Accounting would create a cash flow projection for that family and assimilate it into the overall village cash flow.
8. Persons from both Human Resources and Recruitment would be assigned to new residents for six months. They would introduce them to the village concept and help them during the probation period to achieve their personal goals.
9. Membership decisions would then be made by the Focus Group “How will we expand our community ”.
Initial entrance fee? Cash available to purchase their share outright? Financing required? How will they meet their living expenses? Work inside, outside or cash?
Work History, Education, Interests, and Physical Abilities.
Living space, Special accommodations & needs, Nutritional, Childcare, Eldercare, Transportation and Educational Require written or verbal declaration of interest in coop village concept.
Questions of Concern
Along with the usual questions the Village would be most interested in the following items:
1) Names, ages and relationships of all family members.
2) Names, ages and relationships of others needing living accommodations on an intermittent basis.
3) Special needs of any family member.
4) Current and anticipated educational needs.
5) Family pets.
6) Criminal and social behavior problems of family members and potential any family visitors.